Setting a strong foundation for health in the earliest years of life is of paramount importance. In fact, many children’s health experts believe that whatever happens in childhood, and especially in the first seven years, establishes the basis for the rest of a child’s life.
How a child’s body, brain and immune system grow, develop and mature creates the foundation that they will work with for the rest of their lives. As the parent and guardian of your child, you naturally want to protect, nurture and ensure that your child’s health develops fully. You want to give them the best nutritional start possible. Sometimes it takes more than a healthy diet to raise a physically healthy child. Today’s children face unprecedented nutritional challenges from three very important areas:
- The nutritional value of the food we eat decreases as the nutritional content of the soil is depleted through time and modern farming methods.
- Today’s fast-paced technology-focused lifestyle is filled with fast-food, lack of exercise, and artificial ingredients, making it difficult to obtain the daily nutritional support required.
- The rapid increase in environmental pollution and toxic burden creates an increased need for these nutrients – the vitamins and minerals that protect, nourish and sustain a child’s natural, healthy development.
So, on one hand, today’s children are receiving less nutrition and nutrients from the foods that they eat, while on the other hand, their requirement for these nutrients to help protect their bodies has actually increased exponentially due to their increased exposure to the toxicity and environmental pollutants that they now face.
A diet that does not provide all the essential nutrients and simultaneously provides too much sugar, too much saturated fats and too many chemical additives may also contribute to obesity, a decrease in mental function and poor immune function.
The combination of these factors can create obstacles that may interfere with how a child’s body, brain and immune system develops. Daily supplementation of key vitamins, minerals and other nutrients may help and assist in filling these nutritional gaps.
Multiple Benefits From a Multi Vitamin & Mineral
We now live in a society where much of our population, including our children, are overfed but undernourished. Dietary supplements can play an important role in closing the nutritional gap.
Almost one-third of U.S. children take some form of dietary supplement, most often multi-vitamins and multi-minerals. This is according to a study conducted at RTI and the Office of Dietary Supplements at the National Institutes of Health in 2007 and most experts believe that number will continue to increase. When the data was examined by age group, the study also showed that almost half of 4 to 8 year olds take dietary supplements.1 Parents are understanding the need to support their child’s daily nutritional requirements.
For a child’s body to develop normally, essential nutrients need to be consumed each and every day. Children need vitamins and minerals for their normal growth and for the nourishment of their organs and bones. That can be quite a task, especially since many young children are picky about the foods they eat. A good way to be sure children get the nutrients required to produce a healthy body and brain is to give them a daily multivitamin and mineral.
Children are not simply little adults. When choosing a multivitamin, it is important to select one that is designed specifically for children. This will give your child the right amount of nutrients for their age and size. Remember to read the directions and only give your child the recommended dose.
Multivitamin supplements in the form of liquids or drops, are often the best option for children who are sometimes unable to swallow a tablet. And there are other advantages:
- liquid supplements can be mixed with food or a child’s favorite beverage and make it easier to take, regardless of the child’s age
- often liquids contain higher doses of active ingredients and lower levels of sugar
- liquid formulas allow for greater bioavailability and absorption of the nutrients.
Unfortunately, most Multi liquid formulas include only the vitamins, not the minerals, needed for healthy development at a young age. But you can count on ChildLife® Multi Vitamin & Mineral to supply all the primary minerals as well.
In addition to all the key vitamins, ChildLife® Multivitamin & Mineral contains Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Selenium, Manganese, Potassium, Chromium and Potassium as well as Choline and Inositol for healthy brain neurotransmitter support.
And like all our products, ChildLife® Multivitamin & Mineral is gluten free, casein free and alcohol free with no artificial colorings, flavorings or sweeteners. It is a complete multi formula you can be comfortable and confident in giving your child.
There is Something in the Air…
It does not just happen during Spring anymore. Environmental irritants seem to affect our children all year long.
Did you know that allergic rhinitis (hay fever) may affect 40% of children nationwide?2 A healthy immune response is necessary to combat allergens, but seasonal changes and natural environmental irritants can leave a child feeling miserable.
ChildLife® Aller-Care provides seasonal support for children. It is a natural formula with nutrients to regulate hyperimmune response, antioxidants to help reduce environmental irritation and herbs to support the immune system. It provides a safe way to support a child from environmental allergens. ChildLife® Aller-Care includes:
- Grape Seed Extract and Grape Skin Extract to provide protective antioxidants to reduce environmental irritation
- Bromelain provides environmental protection and supports sinus health
- Elderberry and Amla are herbs that regulate the immune system and nourish healthy mucous membranes
- Vitamin C strengthens and regulates immune function while providing protection from environmental irritants
- Zinc is the primary mineral in Aller-Care for strengthening and regulating healthy immune function.
Specifically formulated for children, this delicious tasting grape liquid formula can be taken directly or easily mixed with your child’s favorite juice or beverage … perfect and safe for children of all ages!