Apple Cinnamon Hummus is a sweet, delicious, and healthy snack! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free and peanut-free. It is also packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and iron to provide your kiddos with the energy boost they need to keep them focused. Try dipping with sweet apples, graham crackers, or pretzels for a salty and sweet pairing. For an extra boost of nutritional yumminess, add in 1-2 servings of ChildLife Essentials® Echinacea.
- 1-2 servings of ChildLife Essentials® Echinacea
- 1 (15.5oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- In a blender or food processor combine Echinacea, chickpeas, almond butter, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cover; process 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Spread in shallow dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cinnamon, then serve with pretzels, apple slices, or graham crackers.