Looking for a healthy holiday treat that will be sure to satisfy that sweet tooth? Whip up these yummy Chocolate Gingerbread Bliss Balls your children will love! This festive treat is made with dairy-free and gluten-free ingredients plus an added health boost of ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin C. Head to the kitchen and let’s get cooking!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 15 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 ½ teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spices
- coconut shreds
- 1-2 tablespoons ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin C
- In a food processor or blender, pulse walnuts until broken down, but not too finely. This will just help break down the nuts a little more easily.
- Add in the medjool dates, cacao powder, vanilla, gingerbread spices, and ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin C, and pulse until a sticky dough forms. If the mixture is too wet, add additional nuts, or oats. If the mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon of warm water.
- Roll mixture into small balls and coat with coconut shreds.
Tip: Make your own homemade gingerbread spice by adding roughly ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ tsp ginger, a pinch of cloves, ⅛ tsp each nutmeg and allspice. For a nut-free version, use oats instead of walnuts!