Calling all Nutella lovers! Ditch the dairy and add this new and improved version of everyone’s favorite chocolate hazelnut spread to all your homemade goodies. This recipe uses all-natural ingredients that are both dairy-free and gluten-free with and an added boost of ChildLife Essentials® Liquid Calcium with Magnesium to meet your child’s daily nutritional needs. It doesn’t get any easier than this, so let’s spread some joy and good health!
- 1-2 servings ChildLife Essentials® Liquid Calcium with Magnesium
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup 1 tbsp coconut oil pinch of salt 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Plant-based milk (to thin out if needed)
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes at 300° F.
- Once hazelnuts are cool, remove the skins from the hazelnuts using hands or a towel and pour into a food processor or blender. Pulse until you have a smooth butter.
- Add in ChildLife Essentials® Liquid Calcium with Magnesium, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt into the blender and process again until combined. Add in your favorite plant-based milk to thin out to desired consistency.