Need the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat to satisfy your child’s sweet cravings while still providing a boost of nutrition? Then you definitely need these gluten-free and dairy-free Shamrock Rice Krispies treats in your life! Just add in ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin D3 for added support because it’s time to get shamrockin’ and rollin’ in the kitchen!
- 1-2 servings ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin D3
- 6 cups gluten-free rice Krispies cereal
- 16 oz marshmallows
- 3 tbs dairy-free butter
- Green food coloring
- Green or white sprinkles
- In two large microwave-safe bowls, divide your marshmallows and butter in half, add to bowls, and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy.
- Mix in 2 drops of food coloring in one and 4 in the other to achieve two different colors. Add in ChildLife Essentials® Vitamin D3.
- Mix in three cups of Rice Krispies cereal in each bowl.
- Scoop each color into a greased 9×13” pan, half and half, press down firmly and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using a shamrock cookie cutter, cut out your shapes and decorate with sprinkles.