Looking to try something new this week? Sneak in those essential greens with this Healthy Spinach Pesto recipe! Made with simple ingredients that are vegan and gluten-free with an added boost of ChildLife Essentials® First Defense for additional immune support. Super easy, quick, and tasty!
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 cups packed spinach
- ¼ cup pine nuts (use sunflower seeds for a nut-free pesto)
- 3 large cloves garlic (peeled)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp ChildLife Essentials® First Defense
- (Optional) Toast pine nuts in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the basil, spinach, nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and ChildLife Essentials® First Defense to a food processor or blender and combine.
- Add olive oil and scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor, salt for overall flavor, nuts for nuttiness, garlic for bite, or lemon juice for acidity.
- Try adding to pastas, dressings, breads, and more!