Veggie Pasta Sauce is a great way to get even the pickiest of eaters to eat their veggies! This recipe is made with gluten-free ingredients and packed full of nutrition, while still tasting like a delicious homemade tomato sauce. Add in a dose of ChildLife Essentials® Echinacea for a nourishing boost. Grab your veggies and let’s add a bit of healthy into your next meal!
- 1-2 servings ChildLife Essentials® Echinacea
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your saucepan to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cook the chopped onion for 1-2 minutes. Then, add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced carrots. Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini with salt (to help release moisture).
- Add celery, pepper, dried oregano and basil; stir until combined.
- Add marinara sauce and ChildLife Essentials® Echinacea and cook veggies until soft.
- Add all veggies to a blender and blend until creamy.
Tip: This sauce is great over pasta or topping pizzas. It can also be used as a tomato sauce substitute in most recipes.