Last Modified: 8/22/2019
What is Personally Identifiable Information?
Collecting Personal Information
Like many other websites, our Services may incorporate various tracking technologies such as web beacons, audience management tags, and pixel tags for automatic data collection. We may also use “cookies” to keep, and sometimes track, information about you. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive and can be used to collect information about where you travel on our Website, what pages you look at, and what items you purchase. They may store the information in your shopping cart, and/or your username and/or password. All of these purposes enable us to improve functionality and personalize your experience on our Website.
- Further, some of our e-mail communications to you may include a “click-through URL” linked to a particular page on the Website. By clicking on one of the URLs, you will automatically enter our Website and we may collect information related to the “click-through”. You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our e-mail communications.
Information Collected By or Through Third-Party Companies
- to help us measure and determine how visitors use our Website and the effectiveness of our Website;
- to help us improve and optimize the products and services we or our Affiliates offer; or
- to collect information regarding your online behavior to provide you with use-tailored and targeted advertisements. Such advertising intermediaries may include advertising networks, advertising exchanges, analytics providers, data brokers, re-targeters, re-marketers, and/or market researchers. These automatic data collection technologies facilitate collection of your information regarding your use of the Website each time you visit the Website and to serve ads based on your past visits to the Website. Such third parties, acting on behalf of us or our Affiliates, collect information about your online activities over time, and across different websites as a result of accessing this Website, and may show your ads on sites across the Internet.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
We may use tracking technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We will comply with web browser “do not track” signals that you may set in your web browser regarding the collection of PII about your online activities over time and across third-party web-sites or online services.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any PII:
- to administer and present the Services and its contents to you, to complete, fulfill, manage, and communicate with you about your orders, and to inform you and make recommendations about our products and Services, including sales, special offers and new Website features, and to send you other promotional communication;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to contact you regarding any Services or offers we provide through the Services, or to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to provide customer service or support, or contact you regarding your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to conduct internal research and development, and improve the Services;
- to perform other logistics and operation activities as needed;
- to protect our assets and prevent fraudulent transactions, including (i) validating credentials and authenticating customers when logging into your online profile or transacting in store, and (ii) protecting the security and integrity of our Services and our data;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In addition to the uses identified above, from time to time we may disclose PII to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our Affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as fulfillment of store purchases, warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, and other professional service providers; however, we shall not permit such service provider to collect, use, or disclose the PII for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- A third party for marketing and promotional purposes;
- A person who, in our reasonable judgment, is providing or seeking the information as the authorized or appointed legal agent of the subject individual;
- A legal officer or other government official if permitted or required to do so by law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend us or other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud, and other illegal or harmful activity, to comply with our audit and security requirements, and to audit compliance with our corporate policies, procedures, and legal and contractual obligations;
- A merging party or purchaser in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of the business associated with the Services; or
- Any third party with your consent or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Transfer of PII
The PII that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country of residence (which may not provide the same level of protection as your country of residence). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your country of residence, who work for us or for one of our service providers. By submitting your PII, you consent to this transfer, storing, and processing.
Children and Privacy
This Website is a general audience website and is not intended for use by children. We will never knowingly request PII from anyone under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent when legally required. If you are under the age of 18, you should not provide any PII to us and you should use this Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and suspect he/she has provided PII on or through this Website, please contact us as set forth below. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered without the legally required prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files.
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your PII secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between us and you, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Unsubscribe and Opt-Out
There are several ways in which you can tell us whether or not you want to receive promotional communications from us or “opt-out” of certain of our uses of your information.
- Click the “Opt-Out” button on our homepage at www.childlifenutrition.com.
- Promotional E-mails: You may opt-out of ChildLife’s promotional e-mails by clicking on an unsubscribe link within any e-mail you may receive from us or by emailing [email protected].
Please note that opting out will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), residents of the European Union have the following rights:
- The right to be informed as to which data we are collecting, how we are using it, how long it will be kept, and whether it will be shared with third parties;
- The right to submit a subject access request to us;
- The right to correct your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to request that information that we hold about you be erased from our records;
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes;
- The right to request limitations on how we use your data;
- The right to challenge certain uses of your data; and
- The right to request a review of automatic processing of your personal data.
Where your consent functions as the legal basis for processing your data, you may withdraw consent at any time; however, withdrawing consent will not affect the legality of any data processing or collection that took place prior to the withdrawal.
If you would like to contact us to make a request under the GDPR, please send us an email at [email protected] or call us toll-free at (800) 993-0332.
When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), billing address, and shipping address. Our third-party payment management companies, which are required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures.
Social Media Platforms
The Services may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with your social media services, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media services. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your PII on those services will be used. Your information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. You are encouraged to read all policies and information regarding the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information. By linking to or otherwise accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the information you provide on that service may be viewed or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
Copyright © 2019 ChildLife.
All rights reserved. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.