Rice Krisp-C Pumpkins
Are these the cutest pumpkins you ever did vitamin-see?! (C what we did there?). Enjoy this Fall favorite with a little immunity boost for the cooler weather.
- 2 tbsp ChildLife Essentials® Liquid Vitamin C
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. mini marshmallows
- orange gel food coloring
- 3 pretzel rods, end portions broken off into 2-inch pieces (so, you’ll have 6 pieces)
- 6 mini green airheads
- non-stick cooking spray
- Measure out Rice Krispies cereal and pour into a bowl. Melt butter in a 4-quart non-stick saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir. As they begin to melt, start adding in the gel food coloring until desired color is achieved. Stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat then immediately pour in rice krispies cereal and gently stir and fold with a spatula until cereal is evenly coated. Let the mixture cool slightly (until it’s cool enough to handle with your hands). Add ChildLife Essentials® Liquid Vitamin C to this mix!
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray then shape rice krispie treat mixture into balls about the size of a baseball, then insert 1 piece of the pretzel rod into the top center and reshape the pumpkin as needed. Transfer to a plate or dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Beginning on one side of the airhead candy cut out a leaf shape with clean scissors then use the remaining portion of the piece of candy to roll and shape into a thin rope shape. Twist into a vine shape (or just shape the fondant accordingly, no cutting required).
- Place candy on the sides of each pretzel on the pumpkin
- Repeat with remaining candy and enjoy!