Cozy up with your little ones and this comforting Red Lentil and Carrot Soup! Made with simple ingredients that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with protein and veggies. For an immune boost, add in ChildLife Essentials® First Defense. Simmer up and let’s stay healthy!
- 1-2 servings ChildLife Essentials® First Defense
- ½ cup red lentils
- 12 oz carrots, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable base
- 4 cups water
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Once softened, 5-7 minutes, add ChildLife Essentials® First Defense, carrots, lentils, tomato paste, vegetable base, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée until smooth. Or purée in batches in a blender.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.